Full Course Information
- How To Enrol
- CPD Points
- Cancellation & Refunds
Outline & Components
This online course will teach participants the skills and knowledge to put general principles of dermatology into practice. You will gain an understanding of the basic structure and function of the skin and how this is essential to the development of an understanding of the pathophysiology of skin disease.
This course consists of six online topics:
- The structure and functions of the skin
- Taking a dermatological history
- Conducting skin examination
- Differentiation by body region
- Lesion morphology
- The basic principles of treatment – topical therapy & skin care
Watch a recorded lecture and learn direct with from expert Dermatologists.
Assessment for this module will require you to complete a series of diagnostic quizzes provided.
This course requires about 10 study hours.
course dates 2021
Enrolment dates do not apply for this course. You may enrol at any point through the year.
One low fee includes access to the course for the duration of study including all learning material and resources:
- GP/Registrar/Other $320
how to enrol
Click HERE to be directed the purchase page.
Here you can pay online to gain access to the course.
Once you have successfully paid online for your course access, you will receive a receipt as well as a confirmation of enrolment email with account details to access your course.
Please note that enrolments are only secured once payment is made. Adding the course to your cart will not hold an enrolment place.
This course is aimed at GPs and GP registrars. Nurse practitioners and other medical registrars are also eligible. For queries regarding eligibility please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
course learning outcomes
At the successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Determine the basic structure of skin
- Develop a working knowledge of basic dermatological terminology
- Take a dermatological history
- Examine therapeutic options in skin disease
- Explain how to undertake a full skin examination
- Develop the learnt principles as a guide for an appropriate referral to a dermatologist
Completion of this course will result in 40 CPD points from the RACGP and 10 hours.
The RNZCGP recognises activities and events done through Dermatology Australasia.
terms & conditions
- The enrolment fee includes access to the online modules
- Access to the online modules and any associated materials are available for the duration of the course.
- Registration in the program will be confirmed upon receipt of the completed enrolment form and payment of the relevant course fees to ACD.
- Participants can defer by submitting a written request to the Australasian College of Dermatologists that is received no later than 10 working days before the end of the term. If a deferment is granted, students will be offered an additional time period to complete their studies. Once this offer is accepted the student will receive a confirmation email. A maximum of one deferral is permitted per student.
- Participants are required to review the Terms and Conditions and cancellation/refund policy prior to registering, and to acknowledge acceptance of these conditions during the registration process.
- College expects that students source all case for assignments themselves. In extenuating circumstances college may be able to provide cases to complete the module. A request for this needs to be submitted in writing to GPDerm@dermcoll.edu.au 20 days prior to term completion.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment once all course components have been completed.
cancellations & refunds
- A full refund of fees will be available if an offer of placement is withdrawn or in the unlikely event that College is unable to provide any components of the course.
- No refund of fees will be made once a student has enrolled in the course.
- If students wish to defer they need to submit a written request at least 10 days before the term end. Each written request will be considered on its merits. Deferment will not be granted for requests received within 10 days of the end date unless there are extenuating circumstances mitigating studies.
- All requests for deferment must be made in writing to email@example.com
These courses are designed to provide Doctors and related health professionals with knowledge and skills in a range of Dermatology and skin health areas to develop their expertise and confidence in dealing with patients who present with dermatological conditions. It aims to assist you in the day-to-day management of these patients and in making the decision as to when to refer a patient to a Dermatologists.
Completion of this course does not provide you with qualifications in dermatology or guarantee you access into the ACD Specialist Training Program. In order to practice as a Specialist Dermatologist you must complete the ACD Specialist Training Program.