Full Course Information
- How To Enrol
- CPD Points
- Cancellation & Refunds
Outline & Components
This online course will teach participants the skills and knowledge to identify the skin signs of systemic disease. You will be able to recognise the most common dermatological manifestations and employ knowledge of interrelated conditions to create a complete approach to patient care.
This course consists of six online topics:
- Skin signs associated with Endocrine Disease
- Skin signs associated with Auto-immune Disease
- Skin signs associated with Internal Disease and Malignancy
- Skin signs associated with Cardiac, Renal and GIT Disease
- Skin signs associated with Diseases/Disorders of the hair
- Skin signs associated with inherited syndromes (Genodermatoses)
Lectures & Case Studies
Watch recorded lectures and participate in discussion forum on diagnosis and management direct with our expert Dermatologists.
Assessment for this module will requires the satisfactory completion of a number of topic based quizzes together with a small number of targeted case reports.
This course requires about 22 study hours.
course dates 2021
Enrolment dates do not apply for this course. You may enroll at any point through the year.
One low fee includes access to the course for the duration of study including all learning material and resources:
- GP/Registrar/Other $500
how to enrol
Click HERE to be directed to our online shop and the purchase page.
Here you can pay online to gain access to the course.
Once you have successfully paid online for your course access, you will receive a receipt as well as a confirmation of enrolment email with account details to access your course.
Please note that enrolments are only secured once payment is made. Adding the course to your cart will not hold an enrolment place.
This course is aimed at GPs and GP registrars. Nurse practitioners and other medical registrars are also eligible. For queries regarding eligibility please contact email@example.com
course learning outcomes
At the successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the cutaneous changes that may occur in diabetic patients
- Determine the cutaneous signs associated with endocrine disease
- Determine the cutaneous signs associated with auto-immune disease
- Classify the cutaneous changes that may occur in patients with renal, cardiac, gut and hepatic disease
- Determine the skin changes that may be an indication of underlying malignancy at a basic level
- Examine the cutaneous signs associated with hair disease including conditions as hirsutism, telogen and anagen effluvium disease
- Explain hirsutism and other genoderamatoses reflected in skin signs
- Assess when to refer a patient on to a specialist dermatologist
Completion of this course will result in 40 CPD points from the RACGP and 22 hours.
The RNZCGP recognises activities and events done through Dermatology Australasia.
terms & conditions
- The enrolment fee includes access to the online modules
- Access to the online modules and any associated materials are available for the duration of the course.
- Registration in the program will be confirmed upon receipt of the completed enrolment form and payment of the relevant course fees to ACD.
- Participants can defer by submitting a written request to the Australasian College of Dermatologists that is received no later than 10 working days before the end of the term. If a deferment is granted, students will be offered an additional time period to complete their studies. Once this offer is accepted the student will receive a confirmation email. A maximum of one deferral is permitted per student.
- Participants are required to review the Terms and Conditions and cancellation/refund policy prior to registering, and to acknowledge acceptance of these conditions during the registration process.
- College expects that students source all case for assignments themselves. In extenuating circumstances college may be able to provide cases to complete the module. A request for this needs to be submitted in writing to GPDerm@dermcoll.edu.au 20 days prior to term completion.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment once all course components have been completed.
cancellations & refunds
- A full refund of fees will be available if an offer of placement is withdrawn or in the unlikely event that College is unable to provide any components of the course.
- No refund of fees will be made once a student has enrolled in the course.
- If students wish to defer they need to submit a written request at least 10 days before the term end. Each written request will be considered on its merits. Deferment will not be granted for requests received within 10 days of the end date unless there are extenuating circumstances mitigating studies.
- All requests for deferment must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
These courses are designed to provide Doctors and related health professionals with knowledge and skills in a range of Dermatology and skin health areas to develop their expertise and confidence in dealing with patients who present with dermatological conditions. It aims to assist you in the day-to-day management of these patients and in making the decision as to when to refer a patient to a Dermatologists.
Completion of this course does not provide you with qualifications in dermatology or guarantee you access into the ACD Specialist Training Program. In order to practice as a Specialist Dermatologist you must complete the ACD Specialist Training Program.