Full Course Information
- How To Enrol
- CPD Points
- Cancellation & Refunds
Outline & Components
This package consists of five online modules and one face to face workshop. Successfully complete the following courses in order to gain the certificate:
- Practical Dermoscopy (includes f2f workshop)
- Benign & Precancerous Lesions
- Melanoma and Other Skin Cancers
- Practical Therapies – Basic
- Practical Therapies Theory – Advanced
The Practical Dermoscopy module has a face-to-face, full day workshop. This day is run by leading Australian Dermatologists and will give students an opportunity to explore the use of dermoscopy and how to conduct a full skin check using diagnostic algorithms. In addition, students will have the opportunity to practice various types of skin biopsy and suturing techniques.
We have every intention of holding our face-to-face workshops however will be subject to whatever COVID rules are in place at that time. Given the unpredictable nature of interstate travel in Australia please ensure that any travel/accommodation bookings you make are fully flexible and refundable. It is our preference that students attend workshops face-to-face however we have developed an online version. If you have extenuating circumstances surrounding travel please contact us to discuss this alternative option.
CLINICAL CASE STUDIES
In all our certificates participants have the opportunity to respond to authentic clinic case studies and challenge yourself to provide a diagnosis and first-step management plan on the clinical information and dermoscopic images.
Attend or watch online webinars and participate in open discussion on diagnosis and management direct with our expert Dermatologists.
Complete each end of topic quiz, the case studies and a final online examR
course dates 2021
You may enrol at any point through the year. Our staff will advise you on the best course with which to start depending on timing. We recommend 8-12 weeks to complete each module and provide a maximum of 2 years to finish all five courses.
One low fee includes access to the courses for 24 months:
This price is a 10% discount for the purchase of all five courses.
Please note that travel and accommodation expenses for the Practical Dermoscopy face to face workshop are not included.
ACD Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Instalment rates:
- 1st payment: $1,965 on enrolment
- 2nd payment: $2,015 after 30 days
- 3rd payment: $2,015 after 60 days
- Total payment plan: $5,995
For payment plans please contact College direct firstname.lastname@example.org
how to enrol
Click HERE to be directed to our online shop and the purchase page.
Here you can select your fee type, trimester and pay online to gain access to the course.
Once you have successfully paid online for your course access, you will receive a receipt as well as a confirmation of enrolment email with account details to access your course.
Please note that enrolments are only secured once payment is made. Adding the course to your cart will not hold an enrolment place.
This course is aimed at GPs and GP registrars. Nurse practitioners and other medical registrars are also eligible. For queries regarding eligibility please contact email@example.com
course learning outcomes
See individual pages for each course for the learning outcomes of this course.
Completion of these courses will result in 40 CPD points per course from the RACGP – 200 CDP points in total.
The RNZCGP recognises activities and events done through Dermatology Australasia.
terms & conditions
- The enrolment fee includes access to the online modules
- Access to the online modules and any associated materials are available for the duration of the course.
- Registration in the program will be confirmed upon receipt of the completed enrolment form and payment of the relevant course fees to ACD.
- Participants can defer by submitting a written request to the Australasian College of Dermatologists that is received no later than 10 working days before the end of the term. If a deferment is granted, students will be offered an additional time period to complete their studies. Once this offer is accepted the student will receive a confirmation email. A maximum of one deferral is permitted per student.
- Participants are required to review the Terms and Conditions and cancellation/refund policy prior to registering, and to acknowledge acceptance of these conditions during the registration process.
- College expects that students source all case for assignments themselves. In extenuating circumstances college may be able to provide cases to complete the module. A request for this needs to be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org 20 days prior to term completion.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment once all course components have been completed.
cancellations & refunds
- A full refund of fees will be available if an offer of placement is withdrawn or in the unlikely event that College is unable to provide any components of the course.
- No refund of fees will be made once a student has enrolled in the course.
- If students wish to defer they need to submit a written request at least 10 days before the term end. Each written request will be considered on its merits. Deferment will not be granted for requests received within 10 days of the end date unless there are extenuating circumstances mitigating studies.
- All requests for deferment must be made in writing to email@example.com
These courses are designed to provide Doctors and related health professionals with knowledge and skills in a range of Dermatology and skin health areas to develop their expertise and confidence in dealing with patients who present with dermatological conditions. It aims to assist you in the day-to-day management of these patients and in making the decision as to when to refer a patient to a Dermatologists.
Completion of this course does not provide you with qualifications in dermatology or guarantee you access into the ACD Specialist Training Program. In order to practice as a Specialist Dermatologist you must complete the ACD Specialist Training Program.