Full Course Information
- How To Enrol
- CPD Points
- Cancellation & Refunds
Outline & Components
Take both of our Advanced Certificate packages and improve your competence in diagnosing, treating and managing dermatological conditions including skin cancer. When specialist care is required, improve your patient satisfaction with a confident and appropriate referral process.
This double package consists of 17 online modules total:
PACKAGE 1: ADVANCED CERTIFICATE OF DERMATOLOGY
12 ONLINE MODULES
- General Principles of Dermatology
- Skin Signs of Systemic Disease
- Hair & Nails
- Acne and Rosacea
- Psoriasis and Other Papulosquamous Disease
- Infections, Infestations & bites
- Light Related Skin Disease and Pigmentation Disorders
- Dermatological Emergencies
- Skin disease in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Vesicular and Bullous Disease
- Connective Tissue Disease
5 ONLINE MODULES & ONE F2F WORKSHOP
- Practical Dermoscopy (includes f2f workshop)
- Benign & Precancerous Lesions
- Melanoma and Other Skin Cancers
- Practical Therapies – Basic
- Practical Therapies Theory – Advanced
Lectures & Case Studies
Watch recorded lectures and participate in discussions on diagnosis and management direct with our expert Dermatologists.
Assessment for each module will require the satisfactory completion of a number of topic based quizzes together with a small number of targeted case reports.
The Practical Dermoscopy module has a face to face full day workshop. This day is run by leading Australian Dermatologists and will give students an opportunity to explore the use of dermoscopy and how to conduct a full skin check using diagnostic algorithms. In addition, students will have the opportunity to practice various types of skin biopsy and suturing techniques. Workshops are COVID regulation dependant at this time.
course dates 2022
You may enrol at any point through the year. Our staff will advise you on the best course with which to start depending on the timing.
One low fee includes access to the course for the duration of study including all learning material and resources:
Dermatology Australasia offers payment plans to pay for this course.
For more information on our payment plan please contact email@example.com
how to enrol
Click HERE to be directed to our online shop
Here you can and pay online to gain access to the course.
You will be contacted by a student advisor within a few days of enrolment to plan your course map and to enrol you in the relevant modules.
Please note that enrolments are only secured once payment is made. Adding the course to your cart will not hold an enrolment place.
course learning outcomes
Please see individual course pages for specific learning outcomes for each module.
CPD points from the RACGP at completion of all 17 modules is 680 points.
The RNZCGP recognises activities and events done through Dermatology Australasia.
terms & conditions
- The enrolment fee includes access to the online modules
- Access to the online modules and any associated materials are available for the duration of the course.
- Registration in the program will be confirmed upon receipt of the completed enrolment form and payment of the relevant course fees to ACD.
- Participants can defer by submitting a written request to the Australasian College of Dermatologists that is received no later than 20 working days before the end of the timeframe provided as outlined in the welcome emails. If a deferment is granted, students will be offered an additional time period to complete their studies. Once this offer is accepted the student will receive a confirmation email. A maximum of one deferral is permitted per student.
- Participants are required to review the Terms and Conditions and cancellation/refund policy prior to registering, and to acknowledge acceptance of these conditions during the registration process.
- College expects that students source all case for assignments themselves. In extenuating circumstances college may be able to provide cases to complete the module. A request for this needs to be submitted in writing to GPDerm@dermcoll.edu.au 20 days prior to term completion.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment once all course components have been completed.
cancellations & refunds
- A full refund of fees will be available if an offer of placement is withdrawn or in the unlikely event that College is unable to provide any components of the course.
- No refund of fees will be made once a student has enrolled in the course.
- If students wish to defer they need to submit a written request at least 20 days before the term end. Each written request will be considered on its merits. Deferment will not be granted for requests received within 10 days of the end date unless there are extenuating circumstances mitigating studies.
- All requests for deferment must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
These courses are designed to provide Doctors and related health professionals with knowledge and skills in a range of Dermatology and skin health areas to develop their expertise and confidence in dealing with patients who present with dermatological conditions. It aims to assist you in the day-to-day management of these patients and in making the decision as to when to refer a patient to a Dermatologists.
Completion of this course does not provide you with qualifications in dermatology or guarantee you access into the ACD Specialist Training Program. In order to practice as a Specialist Dermatologist you must complete the ACD Specialist Training Program.