Full Course Information
- How To Enrol
- CPD Points
- Cancellation & Refunds
Outline & Components
This course is made up of nine online modules. Each module takes between 1-2 hours to complete.
- Skin basics
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Animal and insect bites
- Skin cancers
- Skin examination
- When to refer a skin problem to a General Practitioner
- How to education clients about skin care
course dates 2022
Students may enrol on this course at any time.
This is a free online course.
how to enrol
Click HERE to be directed to our online shop and the purchase page.
Here you can select your course preference and trimester and pay online to gain access to the course.
Once you have successfully paid online for your course access, you will receive a receipt as well as a confirmation of enrolment email with account details to access your course.
Please note that enrolments are only secured once payment is made. Adding the course to your cart will not hold an enrolment place.
This course is purely online and does not have an associated teacher.
This course is aimed at relevant health professionals.
course learning outcomes
This set of 9 online modules has been developed by Dermatologists, using approved government STP funding, to help provide education for Aboriginal Health workers dealing with a range of skin health issues in Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people.
There are no associated CPD points with this course.
terms & conditions
- The enrolment fee includes access to the online modules
- Access to the online modules and any associated materials are available for the duration of the course.
- Registration in the program will be confirmed upon receipt of the completed enrolment form and payment of the relevant course fees to ACD.
- Participants can defer by submitting a written request to the Australasian College of Dermatologists that is received no later than 10 working days before the end of the term. If a deferment is granted, students will be offered an additional time period to complete their studies. Once this offer is accepted the student will receive a confirmation email. A maximum of one deferral is permitted per student.
- Participants are required to review the Terms and Conditions and cancellation/refund policy prior to registering, and to acknowledge acceptance of these conditions during the registration process.
- College expects that students source all case for assignments themselves. In extenuating circumstances college may be able to provide cases to complete the module. A request for this needs to be submitted in writing to GPDerm@dermcoll.edu.au 20 days prior to term completion.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment once all course components have been completed.
cancellations & refunds
- If students wish to defer they need to submit a written request at least 10 days before the term end. Each written request will be considered on its merits. Deferment will not be granted for requests received within 10 days of the end date unless there are extenuating circumstances mitigating studies.
- All requests for deferment must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
These courses are designed to provide Doctors and related health professionals with knowledge and skills in a range of Dermatology and skin health areas to develop their expertise and confidence in dealing with patients who present with dermatological conditions. It aims to assist you in the day-to-day management of these patients and in making the decision as to when to refer a patient to a Dermatologists.
Completion of this course does not provide you with qualifications in dermatology or guarantee you access into the ACD Specialist Training Program. In order to practice as a Specialist Dermatologist you must complete the ACD Specialist Training Program. Information on the Training Program requirements are outlined here: