Full Course Information
- How To Enrol
- CPD Points
- Cancellation & Refunds
Outline & Components
Designed and delivered by the ACD and MoleMap, this course teaches the skin assessment and imaging skills which are required for competent Melanography practice. This is a 2 day face to face workshop.
Participants will attend a weekend workshop held at Molemaps offices: Suite 1, Level 4, 60 Albert Road, Melbourne
Exact venue map: Molemap Melbourne
Start/finish times: 8:30am-5pm each day
- Camera skills practice
- Dermoscopy and lesion inspection practice
- Individual tutorial
- Melanography process and practice
- Sun health and skin cancer risk
- Health information design
- Individual tutorial
Include: online investigation, categorisation activities, multiple choice quizzes and a research paper
course dates 2021
Melb Workshop: Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd August
Melb Workshop: Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th November
One low course fee for attendance:
- $999 – 2 day workshop only
Please note that travel and accommodation expenses are not included.
how to enrol
Click HERE to be directed to our online shop and the purchase page.
Here you can pay online to gain access to the course.
Once you have successfully paid online you will receive a receipt as well as a confirmation of enrolment email with account details to access your course.
Please note that enrolments are only secured once payment is made. Adding the course to your cart will not hold an enrolment place.
This course is aimed at registered nurses and other health professionals.
course learning outcomes
At the successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the effects of ultraviolet radiation on the skin
- Conduct a thorough visual skin cancer assessment of a patient
- Recognise skin lesions using clinical and dermoscopic criteria
- Demonstrate competent skin photography skills
- Carry out total body and individual lesion photography in accordance with a quality standard.
- Identify key elements for a melanographer to run a clinic efficiently and safely.
The Melanography courses do not offer CPD points at this time.
terms & conditions
- The enrolment fee includes access to the online modules
- Access to the online modules and any associated materials are available for the duration of the course.
- Registration in the program will be confirmed upon receipt of the completed enrolment form and payment of the relevant course fees to ACD.
- Participants can defer by submitting a written request to the Australasian College of Dermatologists that is received no later than 10 working days before the end of the term. If a deferment is granted, students will be offered an additional time period to complete their studies. Once this offer is accepted the student will receive a confirmation email. A maximum of one deferral is permitted per student.
- Participants are required to review the Terms and Conditions and cancellation/refund policy prior to registering, and to acknowledge acceptance of these conditions during the registration process.
- College expects that students source all case for assignments themselves. In extenuating circumstances college may be able to provide cases to complete the module. A request for this needs to be submitted in writing to GPDerm@dermcoll.edu.au 20 days prior to term completion.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment once all course components have been completed.
cancellations & refunds
- A full refund of fees will be available if an offer of placement is withdrawn or in the unlikely event that College is unable to provide any components of the course.
- No refund of fees will be made once a student has enrolled in the course.
- If students wish to defer they need to submit a written request at least 10 days before the term end. Each written request will be considered on its merits. Deferment will not be granted for requests received within 10 days of the end date unless there are extenuating circumstances mitigating studies.
- All requests for deferment must be made in writing to email@example.com
These courses are designed to provide Doctors and related health professionals with knowledge and skills in a range of Dermatology and skin health areas to develop their expertise and confidence in dealing with patients who present with dermatological conditions. It aims to assist you in the day-to-day management of these patients and in making the decision as to when to refer a patient to a Dermatologists.
Completion of this course does not provide you with qualifications in dermatology or guarantee you access into the ACD Specialist Training Program. In order to practice as a Specialist Dermatologist you must complete the ACD Specialist Training Program. Information on the Training Program requirements are outlined here: