Certificate of Practical Dermoscopy for South Australian Doctors
Certificate of Practical Dermoscopy
for South Australian Doctors
Wellbeing South Australia and Dermatology Australasia are excited to provide an incredible opportunity for General Practitioners to participate in the Certificate of Practical Dermoscopy at no cost. If you are a GP practising in South Australia, you are invited to participate in this course, as an initiative funded by Wellbeing SA.
Dermatology Australasia’s Practical Dermoscopy course will be provided to GPs practising in South Australia and consists of both online study and a 1-day face-to-face workshop in Adelaide.
The self-paced online component will be available online from 29th of January to 19th May 2024. An orientation webinar will be held to introduce applicants to the learning platform on the 5th of February 2024 at 7:30pm AEST. Registration details will be sent directly to your email upon successful placement in the program.
Each student is offered a spot at ONE of two face-to-face workshops to be held in Adelaide. The dates are 23rd March 2024 and 6th April 2024 from 8am – 5pm ACST. The venue will be confirmed closer to the date. All applicants are required to attend one of these days to gain the certificate, although alternate arrangements can be made. Please email Uta Meyer, Dermatology Australasia Training Manager, via email at email@example.com if you cannot attend the workshop on this date but would still like to register for the course.
Dermatology Australasia, the GP Education arm of the Australasian College of Dermatologists, will provide the Practical Dermoscopy course. The course is a 16-week program delivered in a blended learning format. The course consists of a total of approximately 30-50 hours of student effort. This includes:
- 6 self-paced online modules, beginning 29th January 2024.
- An interactive case discussion forum.
- One full day face-to-face practical workshop (held in Adelaide, venue to be confirmed) on 23rd of March OR 6th of April 2024. The workshop offers biopsy and suturing practice, and gives participants the opportunity to consolidate the skills learnt in the online modules and clinical case studies.
- A final two-hour online multiple choice exam, as well as a case-based assessment component.
Completion of both the online training and one face-to-face workshop is mandatory to pass the course.
Please note that this course has a long waitlist and Dermatology Australasia only wants to offer this course to GPs who intend on completing the course.
Successful completion of all elements of this course will result in the following RACGP hours:
- 24 Educational Activity hours
- 6 Measuring Outcome Hours
- 24 Reviewing Performance hours
This course also attracts the following ACRRM PDP hours:
- 48 Educational Activity Hours
- 48 Performance Review Hours
- 12 Outcome Measurement
- 4 Additional CPD requirements
- Surgical Grant
Please email Uta Meyer, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details before COB on the 3rd of November 2023.
- Name of General Practitioner
- Name of Practice
- Are you practicing in regional/rural South Australia?
- Address of Practice
- Email address
- Phone number
- RACGP/ACRRM number
- How did your hear about us?
Please note that this course is very popular, and places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Your registration will be confirmed via email. If you have not received a confirmation email within 2 business days, please email Uta Meyer at email@example.com.
Yes, you can! Feel free to share this opportunity with your colleagues.
Please complete a separate registration form for any additional GPs.
For questions or enquiries, please email Uta Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.